About Aid Watch
The Aid Watch blog is a project of New York University's Development Research Institute (DRI). This blog is principally written by William Easterly, author of "The Elusive Quest for Growth: Economists' Adventures and Misadventures in the Tropics" and "The White Man's Burden: Why the West's Efforts to Aid the Rest Have Done So Much Ill and So Little Good," and Professor of Economics at NYU. It is co-written by Laura Freschi and by occasional guest bloggers. Our work is based on the idea that more aid will reach the poor the more people are watching aid.
"Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody may be looking." - H.L. Mencken
- Rukmini on Aid Watch blog ends; New work on development begins : This has been a valuable resource for me and I’m sorry to see it...
- Jesse on From Hell to Prosperity: I would like to see this graph with a comparative one which shows the number of people in each religion...
- Ellie on Aid Watch blog ends; New work on development begins : Sad to see you go, but I certainly respect the decision. Hope it is...
- Vivek Nemana on From Hell to Prosperity: Jeff, Well, the billionaire effect might explain a disproportionately high mean income, but...
- M on Aid Watch blog ends; New work on development begins : I agree that Bill and Laura should think about how they can get their message...
- Mr. Econotarian on Are Lax US Gun Laws Spilling Violence into Mexico? : The paper says: “DHS data gives the number of illegal...
Bill Easterly tweets
- The only immigration policy Congress agrees on is to keep admitting fashion models http://t.co/ZBS1Uw34eN about 23 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New book identifies this as 1st rock and roll album -- in 1938 http://t.co/umXVgRlXeQ 02:28:18 PM May 19, 2013 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Warning sign that Lenin was centrally planning toilet time on train back to Russia http://t.co/bV8SuNLvF3 02:11:30 PM May 19, 2013 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Why are they singing pro-Confederacy song "Maryland, my Maryland" at Preakness horse race? 10:10:17 PM May 18, 2013 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
Aid Watch tweets
- MT @m_clem Want more young people? Japan has a plan: Tell girls procreation is cool. http://t.co/D6J5q3Evgl via @Noahpinion about 1 hour ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Climate change pushes farmers in India to the tipping point – in pictures http://t.co/ULt7J5P9JB via @GdnDevelopment about 1 hour ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Forget watering cans and rain storms, the sun can now water your crops. http://t.co/YYnEqUmOAx by @nytimes about 2 hours ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Why wouldn't pirates have accountants? Someone needs to be responsible for the ransom after all. http://t.co/mlf8IStiVt by @nytimes about 2 hours ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tag Archives: Will Wilkinson
Links for Friday:
Dani Rodrik gets way too excited about changing IMF views on capital controls.
Will Wilkinson: libertarians are liberals who like markets.
Bonus non-development link: where to find the best coffee in New York